Position Title: Research Assistant Professor, Cancer Informatics
Position Summary: The Department of Biostatistics within the School of Medicine at The University of Kansas Medical Center is seeking applications for a Research Assistant Professor Faculty position, with research focus in Cancer and Oncology (i.e., Cancer Informatics, Translational Informatics, Pathology Informatics). The candidate will be responsible for advancing informatics infrastructure and research activities for The University of Kansas Cancer Center (KUCC), along with collaboration on cancer informatics research projects. Principally, the candidate will be responsible for the architecture, development and management of an oncology outcomes database to support cancer research. The candidate will also be expected to teach courses for graduate students in biostatistics and other disciplines.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work as an oncology informatics expert to support collaborative research related to the development of informatics solutions for KUCC researchers and affiliates.
- Possess the ability to design/develop key components of the informatics infrastructure, including terminology, data models, knowledge resources, dynamic end-user interfaces, and aggregations of data designed to support cancer research initiatives.
- Participate in team based software development and system management primarily on leading the development of a curated cancer clinical outcomes database supporting KUCC researchers.
- Contribute to writing grants to support new projects and to the writing of manuscripts to publish findings from ongoing projects and system evaluations.
- Teach informatics courses for graduate students in biostatistics and other disciplines.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Director, Biostatistics and Informatics Shared Resource or Chair, Department of Biostatistics.