This is a limited time / contract position for a duration of 7 to 9 months depending on start date.
We are seeking a Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) Application Analyst to assist in the build, integration, testing, training, go-live, and immediate post-go-live phases of a new Cerner CoPathPlus AP-LIS. This system will serve an academic hospital-based pathology department with a full spectrum of anatomic pathology services including surgical pathology, cytopathology, and autopsy pathology. The Department of Pathology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is committed to building an AP-LIS that supports current best practices for patient safety and efficient laboratory workflows. The successful applicant will be expected to work closely with the Medical Director of Pathology Informatics and the Cerner project manager during all phases of this new implementation.
Responsibilities / Duties / General Description:
- Work directly with pathologists, laboratory staff, and Cerner staff to build an instance of Cerner CoPathPlus AP-LIS that meets the technical and business requirements of our department
- Coordinate with departmental IT staff and, as needed, University and Hospital/Health System IT to ensure proper configuration and functioning of desktop, server, network, and peripheral hardware as it relates to the AP-LIS
- Assist vendors with the extraction, transformation, loading, and validation of historical report data from the legacy system into Cerner CoPathPlus
- Assist in the implementation and testing of HL7 interfaces between information systems to include ordering, results, data repository and billing interfaces
- Assist in planning, implementing, and testing hardware interfaces to include laboratory instruments, staining equipment and miscellaneous devices
- Assist in developing, refining and executing scripts to validate the system during unit testing and integrated testing
- Provide training and assistance to lab superusers and end users
- Assist in developing and organizing system documentation, including AP-LIS policies and standard operating procedures
- Assist in translating existing reports and developing new database reports in Cerner CoPathPlus, CrystalReports and/or Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (as appropriate)